- Een uitstekende overzichtssite voor Indiaans nieuws is die van Indianz.Com.
- Verder zet de grootste Indiaanse krant Indian Country Today wekelijks z’n hoofdartikelen online.
- Pechanga.net heeft een overzicht van actueel Indiaans nieuws.
- Zie verder de pagina over kranten
Hieronder het laatste nieuws van enige nieuwssites. Klik voor het volledige bericht.
- DNA links present-day Pueblo populations to ancestral homeland at Mesa Verde 18 augustus 2017
A DNA study of turkey bones confirms some of the ancestors of today's Pueblo populations in New Mexico migrated from Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado, according to researchers.
- Supreme Court justice speaks at Trump hotel before hearing Trump travel ban 18 augustus 2017
The newest member of the Supreme Court, who was nominated by President Donald Trump, is headlining an event at a Trump-branded hotel just days before he hears a key dispute involving the president.
- Secretary Zinke condemns White supremacists but vows full 'support' for President Trump 17 augustus 2017
Secretary Ryan Zinke of the Department of the Interior continues to stand by President Donald Trump amid controversy over racial violence in Virginia.
- NAJA selects Tim Giago as 2017 NAJA-Medill Milestone Achievement Award recipient 16 augustus 2017
NORMAN, Okla. — The Native American Journalists Association (NAJA) has selected Tim Giago as the recipient of the 2017 NAJA-Medill Milestone Achievement Award.read more
- ‘Water Blessing and Healing Walk’ to increase awareness of pipeline danger 16 augustus 2017
By Talli Nauman Native Sun News Today Health & Environment Editor NEW TOWN, N. D. –– On Aug. 9, the North Dakota Public Service Commission subpoenaed representatives of Dakota Access Pipeline to attend an initial hearing in an unprecedented investigation of the private company that has forced its oil transportation infrastructure on the Great Sioux […]
- Keepseagle funds yet to be distributed 16 augustus 2017
By James Giago Davies Native Sun News Today Correspondent RAPID CITY –– Many people have been waiting hopefully, but the news on Keepseagle isn’t good. It may well be late 2018 before any of the $380 million remaining in Cy Pres funds for the 2011 Keepseagle Settlement will be available for distribution.read more
- 45th Annual Sinte Gleska University Graduation 17 augustus 2017
BY BRANDON ECOFFEY LCT EDITOR MISSION – Sinte Gleska continues to build on its stellar reputation by celebrating the achievement of 46 of its students.read more
- Cheyenne River Community To See Business Complex 17 augustus 2017
BY JIM KENT LCT CORRESPONDENT Eagle Butte, S.D. – Four Bands Community Fund has received $670,000 in grants to establish a business incubator on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. The 5,237-square foot building will create a central location for economic development opportunities for small businesses owned by tribal members.read more
- Local Paper Makes Marketing Blunder 17 augustus 2017
BY BRANDON ECOFFEY LCT EDITOR RAPID CITY – For the last several years an effort has been made by both Native and non-Natives in South Dakota to rename the highest point east of the Rocky Mountains. One local newspaper, however, seemingly is not prepared to let the old name go.read more